Friday, March 31, 2006

Happy Bloggerversary!

I'm back from my little shindig in Nashville. I had a great time even though the Preds lost. I have pictures and stories, but I'd rather write about something else tonight.

Tomorrow is my birthday. No jokes please, I've heard them all. Additionally, tomorrow happens to be the one year anniversary of this blog. I looked back at that first post and marveled that I have actually been doing this a year. My attention span is short and a year devoted to anything (even as sporadic as posting to this blog) is completely out of character for me. Let's see if we can sum up the year.

The whole thing started with a friend no longer being able to talk to me. I felt a little sorry for myself and began this blog. That friend and I eventually got back in touch and had a few laughs, now we aren't talking again. I'm guessing that my definition of friend is a little different than others.

I briefly dated a girl that thought it was normal to put her unwanted food on my plate and snoop through my computer. I think I dodged a bullet on that one.

I had a couple of dates with a fantastic lady from Memphis. One lasted twelve hours! We had quite a few laughs and I consider her a friend. Unfortunately her situation prevents her from having very much contact with me, but I hope to someday have another beer with her.

I met a fantastic woman here in Jackson. We had an unbelievable summer and then she had to move. I think about her on occasion and would like to talk to her to say hi, but I don't see the point. We knew our lives were going in different directions when we met and now I just hope she is doing well and has found everything she is looking for.

Somewhere during this time I discovered HNT. I believe it was through Boobs, Injuries and Dr. Pepper , one of the first blogs I ever read on a regular basis. Canofworms has a delightful blog that is always entertaining. Read it if you get a chance. Through HNT I met quite a few people, one in particular. It was a pleasure getting to know Raychelle and she is another person that I wish all of the best, although she likes the snow way to much for me.

Shortly before Christmas, I began dating LMRP. She teaches me something new everyday and I am very thankful to have her in my life.

So, my entire year is summed up as a string of relationships, most positive, a few negative. I find it odd that I mark time in this manner. In the past year, I've been to Florida twice, St. Louis, Knoxville, made multiple trips to Nashville and Memphis and yet when I reflect, it's on the people that have moved in and out of my life. Interesting.

So, one year, approximately 9,000 hits and here we are. Beginning year two of Chunks of Grey Matter. Happy Bloggerversary!

3 Comments:

At 1:08 AM, Blogger Tish said...

Happy Bloggerversary, and Happy Birthday too! :)

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger The Smoking Redhead said...

Happy Birthday darlin' and thanks. I am so glad to know you and even though we don't get to hang very often you are still considered a good friend. Love ya!

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Summer said...

Happy birthday and bloggerversary! :)

*you mean there's something wrong with putting unwanted food on someone else's plate? Ooops. lol*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home