Wednesday, March 15, 2006

No More Housemate!

I took my Mom to the doctor yesterday for her follow up. She got the thumbs up and immediately wanted to go home to McNairy County. LMRP and I drove the hour back to her house, stopping to pick up one of her dogs so she will have some company. She seemed glad to be settled back into her own digs.

My house is a wreck, Mom was bored and started putting things where they don't go. I just let her do her thing but now I can't find anything. My dogs are sad, they keep going to the door of the room where she was living and Daisy cries a little bit. I have to open the door to show them that she isn't here and quietly tell them "I took the old lady home girls."

I think she will do well. The doctor was pleased with her progress and told my Mom "You have healed above average for this procedure." Mom snapped back "That's because I AM above average." She is obviously back to her old self. Now she is pretty much allowed to go back to her old routine, she just can't lift anything heavy or reach for anything high. A cousin lives "at the top of the hill" so she has help if she needs anything like that. I guess I made it through my Mom's first health crisis without problems. Hopefully things will return to normal around here. I may even try to post an HNT picture tomorrow.

More later.

See you in the funny papers.

2 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger The Smoking Redhead said...

Excellent news!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Darkneuro said...

I'm so happy it worked that well! Good job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home