Sunday, January 08, 2006

The Legend Of Little Miss Red Pants

I'm sorry people. I didn't mean to build up the story of Little Miss Red Pants. It really isn't that big of a deal and is probably only funny to me.

My department had a Christmas party at our bosses house. I wasn't gonna go, but I got bored at home and decided to put in an appearance. I showed up about an hour late and things were in full swing. The drunks were drunk and the holier-than-thous were in the corner being catty. One of the newer girls was there. She usually worked nights, so I didn't really know her, but for the last three or four weeks she had been on the day shift learning to run the CAT scanner with CTRob. Now CTRob has a little crush on the new girl mainly because she likes to kill. Ducks and deer that is. CTRob is all about blowing Bambi and Daffy to furry or feathered little pieces.

Being a man, I have a pretty good idea what CTRob was doing at home. He was making what he thought was casual conversation with the wife. "She likes to hunt. Her husband is a game warden. They have a big tract of land East of the city." What he wasn't saying was that she was 26, blonde, and quite attractive.

Mrs. CTRob quickly put two and two together at the party and said fairly loudly "I don't think I've been introduced to Little Miss Red Pants." LMRP now has famous trousers at work and is often referred to as "Miss Red Pants."

At any rate, I didn't know LMRP very well and honestly didn't think about her much. She was cute, but she was married and any conversation that I heard from her was with CTRob and they were usually talking about hunting, so her husband was usually a topic. I leave the married women alone. I wouldn't want that done to me.

At the end of the night, LMRP was helping a co-worker out the door. JB had a bit too much to drink and was the official Christmas party puker. I held the door for them and LMRP looks at me and says "Call the hospital and get my cell number."

Needless to say, I had imbibed and beer or two and normally I would have blown a suggestion like that off, but I was intrigued. When the party died down an hour or so later, I left and on the way home called the hospital and got her number. When she answered I immediately asked "Exactly why am I calling you?" I can be so clueless sometimes.

Turns out, yes she was married, but not for long. She was living with JB and her divorce would be final in March. We've been dating and I'm having fun. However, having been through a divorce myself, I know how the bounce works. I just hope I'm not overly attached when she decides to move on to something better.

8 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger Monalicious said...

Good luck! Just have fun.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

have fun...enjoy it while its here... :)

peace...

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger •♥•m•♥• said...

Rock ON!! Balls to the wall babeee....live in the moment..and like monkey said....ride the wave!

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Tish said...

Why do you assume that she's move on to something "better"? Maybe she will realize that the Chunkster is where it's at. ;) Good luck, friend!

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Tish said...

Sorry for the typo! That should have said, "Why do you assume that she's going to move on to something better?"

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Darkneuro said...

You're gonna be fine, Chunk. Have fun with it, and since you already know the bounce, don't be overly attached. Simple :)

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger The Smoking Redhead said...

I agree, just have fun and take it easy.

LOL, lighten up Sparky!

;)

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger .- said...

better?!??! - dude....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home